Code of Conduct
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all those involved in the activities of Mid Kent Babywearing, the highest standards of behaviour and professionalism are demanded from its representatives.
Remember, you are in a position of trust and responsibility. Following the guidelines below with reduce the likelihood of misinterpretations of your actions.
Representatives of Mid Kent Babywearing will:
- Make plans with the best interests of the participants at the core and take into account participants’ particular requirements e.g. religious, cultural or ethnic considerations or special needs
- Ensure that activity, including any equipment used, poses no danger to participants and is not likely to cause an accident
Behaviour and Professionalism
- Ensure that their behaviour and language is appropriate for the participants, taking into account age, gender, cultural background etc.
- Be friendly and approachable but keep professional boundaries
- Not be under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substance
- Avoid physical contact with participants. If contact is necessary, explain to the participant what the contact is for and change the approach if s/he is uncomfortable
Respect and Attitudes
- Treat all participants fairly and with dignity and respect
- Work in an open and accountable manner
- Take seriously any suspicion or allegation of abuse or dangerous practice or any disclosure of concern made
- Understand their role in all relevant policies and procedures